- What is the difference between following someone and adding them to your network? By following someone, you subscribe to that person and you see *all* the updates from that person in the activity stream (files update, comments in blogs, votes in ideation etc). When you add someone to your network, but don’t follow them, then you only see their status updates and nothing else in the homepage. My recommendation is to use Following as a filter. **Only** follow the people and content you are interested in. The more people and content you follow, the noisier it would be in the activity stream. For example, I only follow 23 people as an example (my management chain and various of the VPs and Directors for the various projects).
- In the activity stream when someone posts a comment on someone’s post you would see their name on top of the post but the comments are below the post. Why are we doing this and is it part of a standard? The activity stream always highlights the person that took action on something. Since it’s the person that commented, you see their picture and then below you see a snipped of the action. Since the action is a comment on a status update, you see the photo of the original poster there. It creates consistency.
- Father knows best.
- Friday Funnies
- IBM Collaboration Solutions
- IBM News
- IT News
- It's all about me
- Social Business/Media/Networking
- 3.0 3.0.1 4.5 6.1 8.5 8.5.1 8.5.2 8.5.3 2012 2013 2014 admin analytics apple Best Practice Best Practices blackberry blog business cloud collaboration connect connected Connections developerWorks Domino education facebook Fix fixes fixpack Forms guide ibm IBM Collaboration Solutions Impact iNotes install iPhone LCTY License lotus lotusphere Microsoft migration mobile Notes orlando performance plugin Portal quickr requirements Sametime search security social SSO support SUT tips training troubleshooting tuning Twitter upgrade v4 v6.1 v7 v8 viewpoint viewpoints wcm web WebSphere
- IBM Business card showing incorrect phone number for user(s) - United States
- IBM - How to find all groups to which a Lotus Notes user belongs
- IBM - Installing IBM Lotus Forms Designer 3.5 onto Microsoft Windows Vista requires administrator privileges
- IBM Enabling the Sametime Meetings sidebar in Lotus Notes 8.5.3 - United States
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow