Here are some quick highlights from that conference:
Jeff Schick, General Manager of IBM Enterprise Social Solutions, kicked off our 22nd annual technical conference showcasing the exciting new ways IBM Verse, Connections and Digital Experience will make work more engaging, insightful, and productive.
Jeff pointed out how data is now a new natural resource, and how analytics, cloud, mobile and collaboration are changing the way the people engage. He recapped some of our exciting 2014 announcements, like our partnership with Apple, Watson Analytics, our global relationship with Twitter and of course, our November launch of IBM Verse.
IBM Verse leverages the foundational elements of Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and security. We built a mail experience that understands you; that helps create focus and removes clutter. And with the power of social networks, we can enjoy the power of bringing “ME” to “WE.” Jeff concluded his session with series of announcements around IBM Verse and Connections, with crowd pleasing demos by Scott Souder and Luis Benitez.
* IBM Verse and its new iOS app will be available in the cloud at the end of Q1
* A no cost model for IBM Verse will be available at Verse GA
* Early access to IBM Verse for IBM ConnectED attendees begins in February
* Intention to deliver IBM Verse on-premises
* Notes client will continue to be available
* Intention to deliver Domino services in Bluemix in 2H 2015; start experimenting with it in Q2
* We will deliver a stand-alone file synch and share Cloud offering in Q1
* To address governance, risk and compliance requirements, IBM Connections Cloud will integrate with Actiance Vantage in Q1.
* We plan to release Connections services in Bluemix in 1Q 2015 and we plan to integrate IBM Connections Cloud with IBM Navigator in 2H 2015
Gary Dolsen, VP of Digital Experience (Portal), took to the stage with news about the Digital Experience portfolio, our 2014 accomplishments in this area, and his big bets for 2015 around Cloud, Mobile and Persuasive Content. He shared the importance of an effective digital experience to an organization. While many competitors focus exclusively on building marketing sites, research shows clearly that a holistic Digital Experience can offer so much more. Nicole Carrier and Rob Enright finished up with a demo of the new line of business capabilities and flexibility for developers in our Digital Experience software. Gary announced a number of things at the conference…
* IBM will make more advances in the next year related to Cloud, Mobile, and Persuasive Content
* IBM will extend the cloud release we made in December to new areas — more cloud-based business solutions and more integration points.
* We aim to be the premier cloud offering for Digital Experiences available in the market
* We intend to extend our leadership position in web content management with capabilities to support native and hybrid mobile app development
* We will invest in even more powerful tools for business developers and web developers to build rich portfolios of sites quickly